Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You're a Power Ranger, sit down!

If there's one thing Ce Ce didn't underestimate, it's our will to exceed expectations. We must've done more in one day than most camps do in their entire stay. Adam called me this morning at what still feels like an ungodly hour, but in truth I would have been late if I'd woken up at seven on a school day. Still in a Frankenstein haze, I walked up to a table of boys. They all turned looked at me with wide eyed stares strong enough to leave me wondering if I'd suddenly grown a third arm.

Turns out, they went running. Yeah. Andrew, John, Kevin, and Jake got up at six thirty this morning. I thought I was at science camp, not athletics camp. Me and any sport with a ball aren't exactly, on speaking terms. As we split up, I toured an Animal Hospital. When we went back to see the run away cow who had somehow made it up a flight of stairs into the Equine Quarter, we put on a pair of boot covers and stepped onto a sanitizer mat that squirted urine colored liquid. Ewwww.

Next, we were sprinting off to see the Hall of Heads, and the Bird Wall. Lots of stuffed animals. Not my favorite. Although anything that involves trying to stump a professor who says he can name any duck in any country has its potential. Then our professor brought out our competitive nature and asked two teams to be the first to classify eight small animal skulls. Two winners received the only stuffed bird you are allowed to have in a private collection. That's okay, I didn't really want to win anyway.

For lunch, we were finally on our own(ish) for about an hour to just relax and eat. Andrew, Nikki, Kevin, John played hearts. Andrew shot the moon and John got twenty-six hearts. He was ticked. I was wise and napped.

Bacterial Genomics = crazy lab coats that they are going to embroider with our names. Andrew's started a running tally of all the things we've been given this week. And we don't mind. Food Microbes = two agar plates to check for bacteria where ever they want. John's checking the bathrooms. I've got bets on either the keyboard or a cell phone. Everyone remember to ask Jonathan about his funny time at the Bacterial Genomics lab.

At night we traveled to New Franklin and obtained some funny pictures on the way of Andrew snoring in what we've decided is a Magic Seat of Doom. Anyone who sits there instantly starts to feel it's magnetic pull into sleep. We went miniature golfing and I hit a golf ball 125 yards. John says that's pretty good for a girl.

We went to Cold Stone and I got some delicious watermelon and we dicussed how many calories are in the brownie, caramel, nut and fudge creation. And now I have to go because I'm five minutes late for curfew (I know you're all surprised) and the counselors are closing in on me.

No comments: